Monday, November 3, 2014

Twisted Recipe #4 Pumpkin Balls!

I LOVE pumpkins! Have I said that before? I say it so often I feel it may be my motto. The Starks have, "Winter is Coming." The Lannisters have, " A Lannister Always Pays His Debts." And I have, "I love Pumpkins!" 

And not just their flavor (though, that may be more spice then vegetation...) I do so love the look of them. I've often thought of growing my own pumpkin patch...Sadly I have a rather black thumb in all things that grow from the ground. 

In any case, I charged myself with throwing a Halloween party this year. Part a celebration of candy and costumes and part a celebration of my best friends recent nuptials. 

Clella made cupcakes with bats and ghost, and I made potato salad, cutting olives into spiders (CREEPY) I also made Pumpkin Balls...Rice Crispy Treats that look like Pumpkins. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 Stick of Butter
  • 1 Bag of Marsh-mellows
  • 1 Bag of Rice Crispy Cereal
  • A TBS of Orange Food Coloring
  • 1 Bag of Mini Reese's Cups 
  • Cooking Oil
Rice Crispy Treats are ridiculously easy to make for how  num num they are. 
1.Melt butter in Pan with food coloring
2.Toss in all Marsh-mellows and stir until creamy 


3.Toss in all Rice Crispies and stir until all cereal is coated


4. Let it sit and cool down a small bit while you put on latex gloves and coat your hands with cooking oil. Then make very compact balls


See my balls


5. Then you will want to warm a plate in the microwave. Once it's good and hot set your Mini Reese's on it to melt their bottoms a bit. 

6. Put those Reese's on those balls and done! ...But, you'll want to let them chill for a good hour or they'll just fall apart as you eat them. 


See, so damn easy and so damn YUM!

And now, look at the centerpiece I made for the party. 


That's a Styrofoam Pumpkin, pained with glue and smothered in black glitter, and than violated with many feathers. Cute. huh?







No comments:

Post a Comment